They control us more than we think.
They’re hidden more than we know.
And they smother us with lies and half-truths.
Left unexamined, they can do real damage and lead us to disaster.
But when we explore them, we can conquer the worst of them and even be healed by them.
The Voices We Carry asks and answers:
– How do we confront the voices of self-doubt, ego, and people-pleasing?
– How do we recover from the voices of family-of-origin, adverse trauma, and guilt over our past?
– What does it look like to offer criticism and point out blind spots in “difficult” partners, co-workers, and family members?
– How do we connect with a partner whose style is completely different than our own?
– How do we discern the deluge of voices online and the mixed messages we receive from advice, opinions, and “experts”?
The Voices We Carry is about managing all our voices from inside and out.
It’s about wading through a sea of voices and discovering what you’re really about.